11.8.10

Domino: The Book of Decorating

I am a massive interior design dork. As long as I can remember, I have thoroughly enjoyed watching DIY and Home Design shows, like Grand Designs and 60 Minute Makeover. As a child, I used to get up early to watch them during the summer... I don't go THAT far now, but I certainly catch up online!

In the future, I plan to take some interior design courses and design my own home, completely from scratch. This has been a long standing dream of mine, and I routinely pick up bits and pieces that I think will be useful... Today, I hit the jackpot.

I was trudging to the bus stop after work today, in the pouring rain, and happened to pass by Urban Outfitters. Instead of waiting in the wet for 20 minutes, I decided to have a snoop inside. Urban Outfitters is one of my favourite shops. Their pieces are all so eclectic and charming (I especially love their necklaces, which are casually adorned with birds, watches and roses... perfection!!)

I was happily musing over certain purchases (not wanting to spent more than the €30 clutched in my fist) when I spotted this...

Domino: The Book of Decorating
The book contains pages and pages of beautifully photos of impeccably designed rooms. From entryways to bedrooms, it covers everything in astonishing detail.
 
Almost every photo in the book comes with an explanation (either little or large), detailing what pieces of furniture and dressing were used in the creation of the room, and why they all seem to "work". The book also provides you with a handy guide on how to create accurate floor plans, which map out all the decorating options you have and give you a wonderful sense of how the finished room will look.
This book is a must read for any aspiring designers out there... or for anyone who is redecorating!! You can pick it up on Amazon or drop into Urban Outfitters and see it for yourself. I bet you will love it 

2 comments: