24.2.10

Haul: Makeup, Hand Cream, Jewellery

Over the past two weeks I have picked up a few bits and pieces.



Firstly, my beautiful friend Rachel got me "Hand Food" by Soap & Glory for my birthday and I absolutely adore it. It describes itself as "non-greasy hydrating hand cream with shea butter, macadamia oil and marshmallow". You can apply it as much as you want (which is a big plus, because it's addictive) and I bloody love it.

Another of my gorgeous friends, Jana, gave me the LancĂ´me "Star Bronzer" because she didn't like it. I have used it a few times since then, and have started to warm to it. It describes itself as a "cream-to-powder bronzing veil" and says that it gives a "long lasting tanning effect". The first day that I wore this, I had fake tan on, so I put it all over my face. Big mistake! It went blotchy and streaky on the dry parts of my skin (not an attractive look) and I took it off at lunchtime. The next few times, I applied it over my foundation as a bronzer (under my cheekbones etc) and it was really nice. I did brush some translucent powder over it (to stop me from getting oily) but the result was gorgeous. I almost prefer this to powder bronzer, because it is much easier to blend (and remove).

I have been studying very hard recently, and decided to treat myself to some makeup. I stopped off in Benefit, because I am in LOVE with their "Play Sticks" and I had to pick up another one!! I get the colour "Spin the Bottle" because I'm uber-pale but the colour selection is really varied! At €37 for 0.3 oz it is an expensive little tube, but I have truly fallen head over heels in love with it. It leaves your skin looking soft, fresh and natural... and blends superbly. 10 out of 10 for sure!!



Then, of course, I went to Mac, where I picked up a new "Studio Fix" powder. I ran out last week, and nearly cried. I use this every day over my foundation and it is my holy grail powder, hands down. I don't really need to say more than this: you NEED it in your life/makeup bag :P



And last, but DEFINITELY not least, I was looking at Claire's beautiful blog, The Fashion Teller, and noticed that she was selling handmade jewellery for really reasonable prices. I had to pick up one of these gorgeous Russian Doll necklaces, but all the other jewellery was incredibly beautiful too. I would strongly advise you to check out her blog, and her jewellery!!




That's all for now... I'm officially broke. Until next time, take care xx

2 comments:

Claire said...

Awww thanks doll! Glad you like it so much :)
xoxo

Susan ♔ said...

I reeeeally love it. I have worn it almost every day since I got it!! You rock xx