3.12.10

Review: Alva Coleur Baked Foundation Powder

The second product I tested out this month was the Alva Coleur Baked Powder, which you can check out on the MyPure website. The foundation is described as having a "silky light-as-a-breeze texture... with a matt finish and subtle colour at the same time"

The foundation only has two colour choices, light and medium, so it wouldn't be great for anyone with darker skin. However, I'm as pale a person as you'll ever meet, so I selected the light option, hoping it would work for me.

I tried this product two ways... firstly, I tried to wear this as a powder foundation, applying it directly after my concealor (I tried to apply it this way twice - once with the sponge provided and once with a kabuki brush) but it didn't really work out. It provided very little coverage and I was quite disappointed with the results overall.

However, I then decided to try it after applying my liquid foundation, as a setting powder, and I was much happier with the outcome - it blended my makeup really well (my mum commented that it looked like I was wearing no makeup at all) and gave a pretty finish, with a subtle shimmer.

I don't know if I will repurchase this powder - it retails at £16.60 and for that price I would expect a bit more from the product.

Rating: 5/10

Please note: I was sent this product free of charge, but was not compensated for this review. All opinions expressed are my own - they are completely honest and unbiased. I am not affiliated with any of the above mentioned companies.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

oooh thanks for sharing never heard of this b4 x