28.12.10

Review: A'kin Instant Radiance Facial Masque

Having tried out a multitude of A'kin products in the past few months, I felt confident ordering their Multi-Fruit and Willow Bark Instant Radiance Facial Masque.
Directions for Use:
After cleansing and drying the skin, smooth a generous layer of this masque onto your face and décolletage, avoiding the eye area. Leave for 5-10 minutes before rinsing off with warm water.

I love, love, love face masks - I find them so relaxing and rejuvenating. I love nothing more than the soft, silky feeling of freshly-masked skin!!

This product is suitable for all skin types and promises "smooth youthful-looking skin". According to the MyPure website, it is packed with multi-fruit Alpha Hydroxy Acid (AHA's) and willow bark Beta Hydroxy Acid (BHA's) which help to enhance skin renewal and remove dead skin cells, thereby improving your skin tone and reducing the appearance of imperfections and pores. The product also contains a blend of rosehip, pomegranate and vitamin B3 to deliver a radiant, even-looking complexion. This masque is "perfect as a pick-me-up before a special occasion or as part of your weekly beauty regime".

I slathered on this bad boy, as I would with any face mask, but the first thing I noticed was the more than iffy smell, a side effect I wasn't expecting. My brother literally recoiled at the scent! My mother was more forgiving, labelling it a "mature fragrance" but admitted it wouldn't be her cup of tea.

However, for the sake of being thorough, I soldiered on...

And boy am I glad I did!! The masque applies easily, and though it dries somewhat over the 10 minutes, it is not uncomfortable in the slightest. It is a dream to wash off, coming away instantly without leaving any nasty residue.

I was thoroughly pleased with the results too - my skin feels perfectly clean, blemish free and oh so soft!! Though the smell isn't wonderful, I will definitely cope, especially with these results :)

If you would like to try this out, have a look over on the MyPure website.

RRP: £16.99

Rating: 


Please note: I was sent this product free of charge, but was not compensated for this review. All opinions expressed are my own - they are completely honest and unbiased. I am not affiliated with any of the above mentioned companies.

(ps: sorry for the semi-dodgy photo - I left my camera equipment in my apartment and have to cope with my iphone for now!!)

No comments: